MHG humidity generation for volumes up to 300 litres - ProUmid
The MHG-32 and MHG-100 systems allow regulation of the humidity or dewpoint inside a test chamber or experimental apparatus.
A combined humidity/temperature sensor is installed inside the test chamber, giving a direct hygrometry measurement at the sample position.
Feedback control of the supply of humidified air to the chamber provides the desired humidity at the point of measurement.
The MHG systems adapt to the temperature of the test environment, as measured by the sensor.
MHG32 for precise humidity regulation of small volumes
- Compact remote vapour generator
- attaches directly to the test system
- immediate no-delay supply adjustment for precise regulation
- small system volumes
- low flow rates
- latent heat compensation of vaporiser
- Ideal for
- physical and mechanical analysers: DMA, powder properties
- analytical instruments
MHG100 for large volumes
The MHG-100 is designed for larger volumes, where large amounts of water vapour must be supplied to give rapid regulation of humidity.
- Vapour generation inside the control unit
- for maximum vapour supply rate at high flow rates
- chiller connection for enhanced low temperature operation
- Twin vapour supply lines
- large vapour volumes
- improved uniformity
- rapid response in large systems
- Ideal for:
- conditioning chambers and incubators
- larger sample transfer chambers
|Chamber volume (Note 1) :||0.02…20||1…300||Litres (typical)|
|Flow rate :||5…500
(1000 on request)
|Temperature range (Note 2) :||2…95||5…90||°C|
|Humidity range :||2…98||5…95||%RH (at T <75 °C)|
|Humidity accuracy :||±0.6||±0.6||%RH (0…100 %RH at 23 °C ±5 °C )|
Note 1 : The ratio of flow rate to chamber volume determines the rate at which humidity can be changed. The suggested values of chamber volume are for typical applications. Please contact us if you have different requirements.
Note 2 : The MHG does not regulate the temperature, it adapts to the temperature of the test system.
Options and Advanced features
Software interfacing and remote triggering
The MHG can be controlled using the front-panel buttons.
Software is also available for:
- configuration and control adjustment
- data logging and export to file
- Ramp, step and soak humidity profiles
- triggering by software or hardware inputs
- interfacing by RS232/Modbus or Ethernet
Humidity Correction for Thermal zones
When it is not possible to install a humidity sensor in the zone of interest, the sensor can be installed in a secondary area at a different temperature. The controller compensates the humidity setpoint for the temperature difference between the humidity measurement point and the target temperature, which can be measured with a secondary temperature sensor, or manually set.
Please contact us for details.
See also :
If you are interested in interactions of water vapour with materials, then the Vsorp or SPS ranges of gravimetric moisture sorption instruments may be useful.
For more information :
If you would like to know more about the MHG humidity generators, or to discuss your application, please contact us.