BELSORP-MR1 for BET surface area measurement.
BELSORP-MR1 gives extremely fast single-point BET measurements by the flow-adsorption method.
The BELSORP-MR6, below, automates the whole process, for the highest productivity.
The single point BET measurement
- The sample is loaded into a sample u-cell and degassed on the built-in pretreatment station.
- A constant flow of Nitrogen gas and programmable temperature heating oven dry the sample.
- The user transfers the cell to the analysis station.
- A constant flow of 30 % mixed N2 in helium is established
- The analysis is launched, with measurement of the amount of gas removed from the flow during cooling to 77 K temperature, and during heating up to ambient temperature.
- The user selects calibration mode to send a calibrated volume to the detector, giving a direct measurement of the sensitivity.
- The specific surface area is displayed.
- Full details of the measurement can be copied to a USB key for analysis or archiving.
BELSORP-MR6 has 6 sample positions.
Pretreatment (purging, heating and cooling) runs in parallel with adsorption and desorption measurement.
Analysis time for each sample can go down to 10 minutes.
Optional modules give :
- full multipoint capability, with a variable-composition gas mixer
- increased accuracy with P0 measurement
- continuous measurement, with automatic LN2 filler.
For your more demanding measurements, you might also like our BELSORP-mini-X instrument, with the ability to use different gases, temperature ranges, and for full adsorption characterisation.
We have a whole range of instruments for different types of surface area and porosity measurements by gas sorption. Please contact us for details.