IGAsorp DVS Moisture Sorption Analyser
The IGAsorp is a fully programmable bench-top Dynamic Vapour Sorption instrument, for the DVS characterisation of products with respect to temperature and humidity environments.
It is used to study water sorption at atmospheric pressure by passing a humidified stream of gas over the sample, using a high precision gravimetric measurement to determine the degree of vapour sorption.
The IGAsorp can be applied to a wide range of studies from fundamental research to routine quality assurance/control.
Isothermal studies can be performed as a function of humidity (0-98%) in the temperature range 5 °C to 50 °C for the standard instrument. The sample can range from milligrams to several grams.
For higher temperatures, there are two extended versions of the IGAsorp :
- the IGAsorp CT which extends the range for sorption measurements up to 85 °C.
- the IGAsorp XT can measure up to 300 °C, and which gives increased humidity resolution at low HR values.
These versions are also compatible with the internal sample heater, which allows drying studies up to 350 °C.
Some typical applications of the IGAsorp are:
|Moisture Uptake Characterisation||Vapour Sorption isotherms|
|Amorphous Phase Detection||Drying and Rehydration rates|
|Hydrate Analysis||Surface Energy Determination|
|Permeability and Diffusivity||Cyclic/lifetime studies|
|Adsorption capacity and kinetics||MVTR or WVTR measurement|
|Packaging||Encapsulation of electronic devices|
|Polymer membranes||Permeation and permeability|
|Ceramics and geological samples||Building materials and cements|
- Integrated heater: permits drying studies and thermal desorption experiments up to 350 °C, with temperature ramps and thermal profiling.
- IGAsorp CT version allows DVS up to 85 °C, for porous materials, polymer membrane, accelerated testing and ageing studies, and many other applications.
- IGAsorp XT version allows high temperature DVS measurements up to 300 °C, with a limit of 500 mbar H2O.
- Membrane permeation cell which allows MVTR/WVTR measurements on polymer films.
- Organic vapour upgrade permits measurements with vapours of volatile organic compounds.
- 21 CFR Part 11 compliant software is also available.
- IGA-002 static vapour sorption analyser
- IGA-003 dynamic sorption analyser with options for DVS/GVS measurements, and possibilities for static measurements, vacuum treatments, etc.
If you would like to discuss your application, please contact us.