IMI systems for high pressure manometric gas adsorption measurements
IMI is a flexible platform for gas sorption analysis. Based on the manometric Sieverts method, the IMI features many possibilities for novel and unique approaches to the measurement of gas adsorption/
As an evolution of our successful HTP systems, the IMI is based on several fundamental principles :
- Modular, fully upgradable design
- Careful design of system volumes and thermostatting for maximum sensitivity and accuracy, even with the smallest samples.
- Highly flexible configuration of experiments
- Unrivalled safety features
- Wide range of options for :
- pressure and temperature control,
- multiple reference volumes,
- a variety of reactor configurations,
- flow-controlled Dynamic experiments,
- fully integrated mass spectrometry.
- Sieverts method
- for gas sorption and desorption isotherm determination
- kinetic data
- configurable equilibration times and endpoint criteria
- Automatic PCT mapping
- Automated sequences and cycling of pressure and temperature for sample pretreatment and activation
- Dynamic and Flowing Methods with IMI-FLOW options :
- Dynamic sample treatments,
- Volumetric kinetic measurement,
- Thermal desorption analysis, TPD,
- Thermal desorption-Mass spectrometry, etc.
Specifications depend on the configuration of a particular instrument, but a typical system might offer the following characteristics.
- Pressure : 0 to 200 bar (0 to 20 MPa)
- Temperature : 77 K to 773 K ( −196 °C to 500 °C)
- Sample volumes from 1 to 10cc
- Sample sizes few mg to 10’s of grams
- Typical gases : H2, CO2, CH4, N2, Ar etc
Please contact us to discuss your specific requirements.
Pressure, Temperature and Reactor options
- Gas supply and pressure measurement options
- Standard 100 bar pressure range.
- 2 mbar to 200 bar options
- Multiple dosing volume options (10 cc to 1 litre)
- Multiple gas inputs
- High vacuum in-situ degas with integrated turbo pumping
- Sample Cell/Reactor and temperature control options
- Reactor with integrated heater and optional cooling (cryogen or waterbath circulation).
- Removable cell for loading in a glovebox
- Cryogen immersion sample cell.
- Tube furnace
- Standard reactor sizes of 1 cc, 10 cc.
- Remote and custom reactor options availble for special applications.
- Dynamic and Mass spectrometry
- Flow controllers for dynamic measurements
- Through-path sample reactors.
- Fully integrated Mass spectrometer (both hardware and software)
- Minimal pressurised volume to limit stored energy, and gas hazard.
- Permanently connected overpressure protection.
- Automatic reactor integrity check after sample loading.
- Leak detector interface and options for automatic system shutdown.
- Fully compliant with the European Pressure Equipment Directive (PED)
Several basic configurations are proposed, each of which responds to a basic application type. All IMI systems can be enhanced with optional features to respond to your specific needs :
- IMI-HTP for high pressure manometric analysis
- IMI-PSI with adaptions for porous materials characterisation
- IMI-FLOW systems with multistream dynamic flow and integrated mass spectrometry
- Gravimetric IGA systems for measurements up to 20 bar.
- XEMIS gravimetric instrument for high pressure sorption measurements
For further information, or if you would like to discuss your application, please contact us.