ProUmid GmbH : Instruments for moisture sorption
ProUmid GmbH, formerly called Projekt Messtechnik, proposes a range of multisample DVS analysers for high-throughput Moisture Sorption measurements.
Additionally, the humidity regulation technology is available in the MHG series humidity generators.
Vsorp and SPS Multisample DVS instruments for moisture sorption analysis
Faster DVS : more useful DVS
For many materials, moisture sorption is slow. Sometimes it is possible to decrease the dimension of the sample, to obtain a small improvement in the measurement time for a single sample.
The SPS solution is to measure multiple samples, in a single chamber, in parallel : this gives more data in the same time.
Additionally, the risk of instrumental drift is eliminated, allowing simultaneous comparison of samples, which would be impossible with sequential measurements. It is even possible to incorporate a reference material or a witness sample as an insitu verification, giving ultimate confidence.
Parallel Dynamic Vapour Sorption measurement for maximum throughput
- Simultaneous DVS analysis of up to 23 samples
- Large area sample containers - thin layers of sample for faster equilibration
- Small samples down to a few milligrams - precise measurements down to 100 ng resolution
- Large volumes - for whole objects, packaging, representative samples of large granules
- Large sample weight capacity - up to over 200 g for monolith and whole-product analysis
- Options for permeability measurements, photographic, Raman analysis.
Two families of instruments - a single goal
The different models cover a huge range of applications. All of these instruments give parallel measurements of sorption kinetics and isotherm data for several samples.
For the highest precision and the greatest flexibility, the SPS Series instruments are available in several configurations for research applications.
For high-throughput routine measurements, the three members of the Vsorp family instruments satisfy the need for large amounts of DVS data at a moderate price.
Additional features include :
- Simple experiment configuration, automatic measurement, full data reporting, with kinetic and isotherm graphics.
- Additional non-weighed sample positions allow conditioning of material for alternative analysis techniques.
- An empty measurement position is used as an on-line blank measurement to correct for fluctuations of ambient conditions and sample container effects.
- SPS-Camera option : a computer controlled camera for tracking visual changes of each sample.
- DVS-Raman probe interface: for non-contact Raman spectroscopy of samples during the DVS experiment
- Permeability cells : for permeability and MVTR measurements of polymer membranes.
The MHG-32 and MHG-100 Modular Humidity Generators allow high precision humidity control in external chambers and enclosures, from a few millilitres to 300 litres or more.