SPS instruments for multisample moisture sorption from ProUmid
Parallel DVS measurements for higher throughput
The SPS Solution resolves the fundamental problem of DVS measurements : the materials of interest absorb water slowly.
The only way around the kinetic limitation of Dynamic Vapour Sorption is to measure more samples at the same time. This is what the SPS Solution offers.
The SPS solution
The SPS series instruments, from ProUmid GmbH, are multisample Gravimetric Sorption Analysers.
All of the samples are maintained in a temperature and humidity controlled chamber, and each sample is repeatedly weighed using a high precision microbalance.
- Simultaneous DVS measurements on up to 23 samples.
- Five months becomes one week.
- One week of measurement with 23 samples on an SPSx instrument gives the same data as up to five months on a single sample instrument.
- High throughput, up to 23× as much data
- Faster results
- For slow samples with long time constants,
- For long term studies, ageing, stability…
- For Quality Assurance,
- For rapid screening,
Measurement in parallel of a full batch of samples gives improved laboratory efficiency and greater analysis capability. Results are available when they are needed.
- Perfect comparability within a sample run
- Identical measurement conditions for all samples.
- No inter-sample effect from instrument drift within a run.
- For product development, screening
For comparison of DVS between different samples, there is no better way.
Additional non-weighed sample positions allow conditioning of material for alternative analysis techniques.
SPS High-Throughput Gravimetric Vapour Sorption for :
- Foods and packaging
- Pharmaceutical, excipients and formulations
- Building materials and minerals
- Polymers, composites, fillers
- Paper and packaging
- Powders, ceramics, metallurgical materials
- Deliquescent and hygroscopic materials
- Screening and Materials comparison under identical conditions
- Quality Assurance
SPS Simultaneous sample inspection and DVS-Raman analysis
The SPS multisample configuration is especially well suited to allow direct access of other probes. For example:
SPS-Camera: Interfacing of a computer controlled camera allows automated photography for tracking visual changes of each sample.
Non-contact DVS-Raman spectrometer: for simultaneous DVS-Raman spectrometry allowing chemical analysis of the water-sample interactions.
The large available sample surface area is extremely well suited to moisture permeability and MVTR measurements of polymer membranes, using a special membrane carrier cell or Payne permeability cup.
The SPS series instruments include :
- SPS11-10µ : 10 µg resolution for 11 samples up to 200 g
- SPS23-100n: 0.1 µg resolution for 23 samples up to 2 g
- SPSx: interchangable sample holders for 23 small samples at high resolution or 11 large samples for improved representativity of inhomogeneous materials
For more information :
For less demanding applications, you may also be interested in the Vsorp range of instruments.
If you would like to discuss your application, please contact us.