CATLAB-PCS for Pulsed Reaction Mass Spectrometry (PRMS)
Pulsed dosing of single gases, vapours or mixtures adds new possibilities to the CATLAB toolbox.
Sample interaction with single or multiple pulses of reactant gas under isothermal or temperature programmed conditions is quantified using the integrated QIC-20 mass spectrometer.
In addition to typical Catalyst Surface characterisation techniques such as temperature programmed desorption (TPD), oxidation (TPO), reduction (TPR), the CATLAB allows analysis of reaction and decomposition products. With Pulsed Dosing, the CATLAB-PCS Microreactor addresses a wide range of applications in Catalysis research.
Some typical applications include…
Single Component Pulsed Chemisorption for :
- Pulsed Chemisorption Isotherm mapping
- Metal Surface Area Quantification
- Active Metal Area
- Metal Dispersion
- Acid Site Quantification
- Adsorbate Uptake
- Pulsed Adsorption Isotherm
Pulsed Reaction Mass Spectrometry for:
- Reaction product identification and reactivity quantification
- Competitive Adsorption Isotherm measurement
- Catalyst Activation Studies
- Surface Thermal Decomposition
- Coking, poisoning and deactivation analysis
- Temperature Programmed Reaction spectroscopy (TPRS)
and Continuous Flow measurements such as:
- Temperature Programmed Oxidation
- Temperature Programmed Reduction
- Temperature Programmed Desorption (TPD)
- Thermal Desorption Spectroscopy (TDS)
Some related possibilities include:
- multicomponent gas and vapour sorption: gravimetric measurements with the IGA-003
- Thermal Desorption Analysis for Hydrogen Storage materials with IMI-FLOW
- sorption of vapours with IGA-002
If you would like to discuss your application, please contact us.